Sunday 15 November 2015

Even in this dull November it is possible to find beauty.....I think these roses are glorious.  They stand there valiantly battling the remains of  hurricane Abigail.....bless them.  Needless to say, I have been weaving this week..  This piece turned out shorter than anticipated but I have just measured it and and it is big enough to make the front of a new coat....so much to my surprise, I am over halfway through my next piece of wearable art!!!  As I said in my previous blog entry, I have just opened my Etsy shop and plan to put things in as and when they are complete.....but my mind is also on a couple of exhibitions that are due to take place next year. I am thinking of Art Nouveau designs.  This week I am going to London for a couple of days and shall try and fit in a visit to the V & A.  I'm sure I'll get some inspiration there!.. Have a good week everybody x





https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/fibrefrenziweave?ref=hdr_shop_menu

This is the link to my Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. The colours in this particular piece on the loom are beautiful, love the little flower woven in there.
    Speaking of flowers I am pleased that I am not the only one seeing the beauty in decaying flowers - especially roses. Also I wrote this when you posted but obviously forgot to press publish and it must have disappeared - sorry.

    ReplyDelete