Monday 4 February 2013

We got to the 02 and had a great day.  The building is fantastic and, needless to say, I was fascinated with the large installation of blue balls!  The dancing was pretty good too. It made me realise once again what a fantastic city London is.  When we changed trains at London Bridge Station I was enthralled to see the incredibly high glass, pointed building growing out of the station plaza ... I then turned around and found myself looking at the windows of the room in the Hospital where I spent many years working.  It was a bit surreal - because so much felt new and different, and yet at the same time the underlying structure and history of London remains the same.  I am always reminded of Samuel Johnson's words...."When you're tired of London, you're tired of life!"  Well, I'm certainly not tired of it - so let's hope that's a good sign!  By the way, when we got home, Jack's temperature was sky high - poor little boy.  He's now in bed......

No comments:

Post a Comment