Friday 9 August 2013

Had a great day at the Quilt Show yesterday.  Loads of good work and lots of textile goodies.  The definition of a quilt is interesting....we didn't quite come up with an answer to the question "what is a quilt and what is an art piece?".  Certainly there was a broad spectrum of finished pieces.  As you can see, the bottom picture shows a collage of books.....absolutely fascinating!  Anyway I feel inspired to push the boundaries out and am thinking of books...not sure what I'm thinking - but I'm sure something will eventually emerge!!



1 comment:

  1. I was there yesterday and am going back again tomorrow. FoQ does push the boundaries, but that is good! I love the traditional quilts but it is the contemporary approach that I really love. Did you look in some of the galleries?

    ReplyDelete