Sunday 21 June 2015





 I've had a very busy and enjoyable week....and have only just realised that another week has gone and it's time for another blog!  As you can see, I have started weaving The Coat.  Gosh - it's good to be back at the loom after a few days without any warp on...I'm also really enjoying the spinning as it's very relaxing and good for sitting in the garden!!  Yesterday a few of us from our local Guild demonstrated spinning in a local traditional craft day.  It's always interesting to note peoples remarks and comments.  Old and young always seem interested.....a great day to spend a day, and more yarn ready for the loom!  I also ran a creative design workshop  on Thursday which was fun.  When I got home I splashed around and sprayed on to some calico - and hey presto - I have now made an apron and cushion cover....more to follow....So, as ever, life continues at a pace and is never dull.  Summer is whizzing away too quickly.  Today is mid-summer day - but it feels as though summer has hardly started.  We could certainly do with some more hot sun!!  Have a good week x

2 comments:

  1. I shall be waiting for the grand reveal of The Coat - the colours you are using are beautiful.
    Also on the subject of colours I love your apron, it adds a whole new dimension to baking, cooking and cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apron too. It looks like you had a lot of fun making it.

    I was wondering if you have had a chance to spin the alpaca wool - did it work out okay? We will hopefully finish the shearing this next week, we are still waiting for one more delivery of a baby then we will be set to go

    ReplyDelete